2018 Makeup Trends.. with Korean Cosmetic Options
Once the New Year comes, I get busy cleaning up my wardrobe and makeup console for a new start - It's easy to begin with and hoping that new things make a 'New Me' - more pretty and younger-looking^0^.
Unlike skincare products which require long-term commitment, makeup can make your look better, more glowing and youthful instantly, with a simple tools & tricks.
I'd like to summerize the 2018 Makeup Trends and Guides which Korean products can help to follow this years trends.
< 2018 Beauty Trend Forcast >
Contiuning on from last year, gliitter will be one of the hot picks - gold highlighter, glittery glosses, black eyeliner etc. These are the lists:
1. Black Eyeliner & Cat-Eye Flick
It's taking a dramatic turn in 2018 from Bold Black Eyeliner to Cat-Eye Look - round the edge of eye line or give a sharp flick.
2. The New Glitter - Various size and types of Glitter such as rhinestones, gems and sequins.
3. Everything is Gold!
4. Metallic Makeup - Add subtle glow or go bold.
5. Thick Lashes - Retro clumpy, twiggy-effect lashes.
6. Glowing Look is the key.
A healthy glowing finish on skin instead of a matte caked or powdery finish. Adding more ultra-highighted skin or pearl-sensationy look is also spot on.
7. Natural Eyebrow
8. Bold/Bright Lipstick (80s-inspired bright lipstick) & Smudged Lip
9. Inner Corners - Dabbing a bright color on the inner corners of your eyes to brighten and make eyes bigger.
10. Blue Eye Makeup - Simply draw a lower lashline or apply a matte blue eyeshadow across the entire eyelid.
< We can wear as a daily look >
Although you will be seen these new trends on fashion show or everyone's instagram, I have narrow down the options for everyday looks with product suggestions.
5. Your skin tells everything
To become a natural healthy skin, masks are another great option.
< Rising trends >
1. Wide Blush
Contouring is going down and blushed look is getting wild.
2. Glossy Lips
It hasn't listed on everywhere however still stable & strong in 2018.
3. Pink/Purple Color
Ultra Violet & Pink Lavender are one of The Pantone Color of the Year so we're expecting that reflects in makeup.
Hope this article give you some idea and enjoyed. Thanks for reading~
<Some articles quoted from Harper's Bazaar, Instyle and Cut&Curl blog post. Image souce: Vogue Korea, Harper's Bazaar, cosmopolitan & stylefish.co.kr>